|CT02 - Doomsday Machine|
|Release Date||June 19, 2008|
|Movie Director|| Harry Hope|
|Cast|| Bobby Van|
|Preceded by||The Oozing Skull|
|Followed by||The Wasp Woman|
Spies discover that the Red Chinese have built a "doomsday machine" capable of destroying the surface of the Earth, and that they plan to use it within a matter of days. Meanwhile, Project Astra, a manned U.S. space mission to Venus, is in its final hours before launch when it is taken over by the military and nearly half of its all-male crew is replaced by women. The reason for this becomes apparent when, shortly after Astra leaves orbit, the Earth is completely destroyed in a global cataclysm! Is the human race doomed? What dangers and wonders await the crew of the Astra on their journey to Venus?
- This film features an early appearance by actor Mike Farrell, who would later enjoy great success in the role of Dr. B.J. Hunnicutt on M*A*S*H (among other roles).
- The film also features Casey Kasem, who would later achieve great fame and success as a radio personality and voice actor.
Prologue: Walk to the theater An administrator expresses his gratitude to the crew for their helping to fix the electron scaffold. The admins also offer the use of new robots (which resemble robots from other sci-fi properties) but the crew declines. Frank becomes enthusiastic at the mention of Bobby Van.
Interruption 1: Trace needs to say something Trace would like to say something to the group, but every time he is about to Joel interrupts him on the megaphone with a countdown till the movie resumes.
Interruption 2: Mary Jo makes a plan Mary Jo insists that the group determine who would die if some hypothetical disaster occurred and there were only enough resources to support three of them.
Additional Cast Edit
Quotes & ReferencesEdit
- Trace:"Lori Scott Scott Miller, starring in Glengarry Glenn Ross"
This is a play on words reference to Glengarry Glenn Ross.
- Josh: "Stop...Hammon Time!"
- Josh: "A gumball machine head on a robot? I'm sorry, that is lame"
A reference to Tom Servo whom Josh voiced and operated during Season 0 (KTMA) and Season 1 of "Mystery Science Theater 3000".
- Joel: "I'll take things a rapist might say for 400"
This is a reference to the TV Gameshow Jeopardy!
- A DVD was released in 2008. It is no longer in production but is available second-hand through several online venues.
- A Boxed Set with all Cinematic Titanic recorded presentations is being released by Shout! Factory in 2017.